Treatment of insomnia with effects on points
Treatment of insomnia with the help of the impact on the points not only contributes to fast falling asleep and eliminates problems, but also improves the quality of sleep, while not exerting any harmful effects on the body and not causing addiction, unlike medicines. This massage improves mood, eliminates the state of extreme fatigue and restores emotional balance, it can be done at home on your own.
There are two techniques of this massage:
- Acupressure is the effect on biological points with finger pressure.
- Acupuncture (acupuncture) – is the impact on specific points through the introduction of microneedles.
There are a number of contraindications for which massage is undesirable:
- high body temperature, ARD, ARVI;
- benign and malignant tumors;
- vascular diseases, including thrombophlebitis;
- acute inflammatory processes;
- recently transferred operations;
- heart diseases;
- pathology of the bile duct and bladder;
- urolithiasis disease;
- mental disorders;
- wounds, skin lesions.
Massage for insomnia in the case of contraindications should be carried out only after consulting a doctor.
Rules of acupressure for insomnia
Perform massage is recommended for 15-30 minutes before bedtime. At the same time, the person should be completely relaxed (it is recommended to take several deep breaths and exhalations), and the room should have a comfortable temperature, it is better to ventilate the room a little before the massage.
Before carrying out the procedure, wash your hands with warm water and soap, and then wipe dry. You should not put any oils and creams on your hands, otherwise the force of impact on the point will be broken, slippery hands cannot be pressed to the right place.
After the massage, it is not recommended to walk, eat and even watch TV, otherwise the body’s mood to sleep will be brought down, it will not be possible to fall asleep.
It is recommended to start this massage from the upper part of the body, gradually moving to the feet. In no case should not strongly push on biologically active points.
If pain occurs in this area, it means blocking energy, over time, this pain should disappear. Therefore, in the initial stages you should not bring to the discomfort, the pressure should be soft. The pressure should be such that no redness or trace is left on the skin.
There are two ways to influence points on the body:
- If the patient is an easily excitable person, this method will do: put the index finger on the selected point, then carry out a circular, barely perceptible stroking of the skin with a finger pad, then a circular rubbing with more active pressure. This pressure should be continued for 25-30 seconds. After that, everything is repeated in reverse order. The impact on one site is carried out from 3 to 5 minutes.
- If the patient is an apathetic person, this way of insomnia helps: they act on the points with fast rotational movements for 30-40 seconds before the onset of mild numbness.
According to Japanese experts, any sleepy point should be kneaded strictly clockwise.
For carrying out such a massage, it is recommended to use soothing essential oils, such as lavender or peppermint. You can put a few drops of oil on your wrist or use an aroma lamp, this will increase the effect of the massage, relax the body, help from insomnia. It is also recommended to include relaxing music.
Read also … Simple techniques of relaxing meditation for insomnia available to everyone.
If during the massage there are unpleasant sensations, palpitations become more frequent, a headache or even nausea appears, then the procedure should be stopped immediately. Treatment of insomnia, providing relief, can be achieved only with the observance of all massage rules.
Acupressure – a technique for self-fulfillment
The Chinese believe that the pressure on special points of the body produces the activation of the vital energy of Qi, blocked by the thoughts or actions of a person. Pressing the fingers leads to the necessary relaxation and stimulates certain organs. The natural functions of the body are restored, and health returns to normal, problems such as inability to sleep, insomnia, lack of sleep, go away.
Head massage should be performed within 3-5 minutes:
- The most active site is located behind the ear, under the mastoid, on the base of the skull. It should be massaged clockwise.
- The central point on the forehead between the eyebrows. It is responsible for the nervous system and perfectly soothes, and also helps to relieve headaches. With a small finger pad to perform massaging movements at a given point, it is possible to act on it with a light tapping movement.
- Deepening the base of the skull. This site is responsible for negative emotions. It should be massaged clockwise.
- Symmetric points at the base of the supraorbital ridges. Exposure should be pressure. You can spend a light acupressure eye sockets, from the inner corner of the eye to the outside, with the pads of several fingers providing a smooth stroking.
The earlobes are massaged clockwise:
- Point in the triangular fossa, located in the upper part of the ear. Massage should be immediately on both ears, you can perform light pressure. This point is responsible for the mental state, helps relieve stress and eliminate depression, improves sleep, suppresses fears and panic attacks.
- The auricles are massaged with pads of two fingers (thumb and index), while the ear is slightly delayed, the massage is performed on two ears.
All movements on the ears are performed before the feeling of warmth.
Massage movements on the neck should be repeated several times until complete relaxation:
- Deepening behind the auricles, at the base of the skull. This point should be massaged with circular pressure.
- Perform light stroking movements from the base of the skull to the clavicle.
Massage the abdomen is recommended in the supine position. After the last meal, at least 2 hours should pass:
- Perform circular movements in a clockwise direction with the palm of your hand, lightly pressing on the abdomen. The movements are performed around the navel.
- The point, located at a distance of three phalanges below the navel, is massaged by the thumb pad. It is necessary to begin massage with light pressing, smoothly moving to stroking clockwise.
Before foot massage, you can make a hot foot bath, this will improve the blood circulation of the limbs, increase the impact on the points:
- Extracanal point of the foot. To find this point, you need to conditionally draw an imaginary line from the medial and lateral sides of the ankle to the sole, to the point of intersection of these lines on the midline of the sole (just above the center of the heel towards the fingers). It can be massaged with pressure movements.
- To perform massage of the toes, while having a pressing effect on the fingertips, starting from the little finger and ending with the thumb. This exercise should be repeated several times.
- Find the point in the center of the foot, under the talus. First perform light pressure on this point, then the rotational motion in a clockwise direction. This effect reduces anxiety and normalizes blood pressure.
- Point between the metatarsophalangeal joints, 2 fingers below the divergence of the middle and ring fingers. It is recommended to press on this point for 5 seconds, then release. Repeat the movement several times.
Acupressure works always, but some take a little longer to achieve the effect. If you want to sleep during the process of acupressure, you do not need to restrain yourself, you need to finish the massage and go to bed.
Reflexology for insomnia
Acupuncture is one of the oldest methods of alternative medicine. Acupuncture for systematic insomnia eliminates not only the problems of falling asleep, but also the very cause of insomnia – nervous strain or disruption of the internal organs, that is, this method affects the entire body.
Treatment with needles restores the vital energy of the body and removes energy blockages. The best effect is the use of reflexology with other methods of correcting insomnia.
Reflexology for insomnia is not suitable for the treatment of young children and the elderly, as well as for severe mental disorders. When applying this method, you must follow all the recommendations of the doctor.
There are two ways to use a needle:
- Cold – a needle is used at room temperature.
- Hot – before the procedure, the needle is heated, or it is heated during the procedure by burning with wormwood cigars.
The methods for introducing needles also differ: they can be inserted at an angle of 90 ° to the skin or at an angle; there is a method for rotary insertion of the needle.
Acupuncture points vary in importance and latitude. Into a wider point, needles are introduced cross-wise, and into a wide one – at an angle. During acupuncture, the doctor selects several points that are projected onto the organs and systems of the body. Acupuncture for insomnia is most often performed on the feet and in the auricles.
Reflexology is a rather complicated procedure that cannot be done independently. Acupuncture for insomnia should be entrusted to a professional, and before attending a session, consult a doctor and rule out all contraindications.