Feldene Over the Counter
Active ingredient: Piroxicam
- Buy Now
- COUPON: 318758
Peroxicam used for Treating rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis. It can also be useful for other conditions as determined by your physician.
Piroxicam is an NSAID. Just the way that it works isn’t understood. It could obstruct specific materials within the body which can be linked to inflammation. NSAIDs treat the indications of inflammation as well as pain. They don’t treat the disorder that causes those symptoms.
How can I take Piroxicam?
Take this medicine exactly as it had been prescribed for you personally. Don’t take the medicine in larger quantities, or take it for more than recommended by your physician. Practice the instructions in your prescription label.
Your dose needs may change, should you switch brands of piroxicam. Follow your physician’s directions about just how much medication to take.
Your physician may want to have to check you on a regular basis to ensure this medicine isn’t causing harmful effects should you take piroxicam to get an extended time period. Don’t lose out on any scheduled visits to your own physician.
It could take up to 2 weeks before your symptoms improve, of applying this medication. For the best results, keep utilizing the drug as directed. Talk to your physician in case your symptoms don’t improve.
Save piroxicam at room temperature from heat and moisture.
What are the results when I miss a dose?
Take the missed dose when you remember. When it is nearly time to your subsequent dose, bypass the missed dose and take the medication at your scheduled time. Don’t take extra medicine to constitute the missed dose.
What goes on when I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention in the event that you imagine you’ve got used an excessive amount with this medication. Overdose symptoms can include nausea, vomiting, belly pain, drowsiness, black or bloody stools.
Tell your physician about each of the medications you take, including prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, and herbal nutritional supplements. Especially tell your physician in case you take:
- angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) blockers such as
- diuretics such as
- ethacrynic acid
- highly protein bound drugs for example phenytoin
That is not an entire list of piroxicam drug interactions. Ask your physician or pharmacist to find out more.
Interaction with alcohol
Don’t consume alcohol. Alcohol can boost the risk of stomach bleeding.
Do you know the potential side effects of piroxicam?
Get hives; trouble breathing emergency medical assistance when you yourself have some of those indications of an allergic reaction; swelling of your face, tongue, lips, or throat.
Quit taking piroxicam and seek medical attention or call your physician simultaneously for those who have these serious side effects:
- Shortness of breath, chest pain, weakness, slurred speech, issues with equilibrium or eyesight;
- black, bloody, or tarry stools;
- coughing up blood or vomit which resembles coffee grounds;
- swelling or rapid weight gain;
- Urinating not at all or less than usual;
- nausea, stomach malady, low fever, loss in appetite, dark urine, clay-coloured stools, jaundice (yellowing of your skin or eyes);
- Temperature, sore throat, and head ache using a serious blistering, peeling, and skin rash that is reddish;
- Bruising, intense pain, tingling, numbness, muscle weakness; or
- Temperature, head ache, neck stiffness, chills, increased susceptibility to light, purple spots on skin, or seizure (convulsions).
Serious unwanted side effects happen to be reported with piroxicam such as the following:
Cardiovascular thrombotic events. Piroxicam can raise your danger of heart and cardiovascular disorders for example myocardial infarctions and strokes, which may result in departure. For those who possess a history of cardiovascular disease, tell your physician.
Gastrointestinal effects. Piroxicam can cause digestive tract issues including ulcers, bleeding, inflammation, and perforations (little holes). Tell your physician in the event that you smoke, or for those who possess a history of digestive difficulties or often consume alcohol. Alarm your physician in the event that you take anticoagulants (blood-thinners) or corticosteroids like prednisone.
Renal effects. Kidney damage can result from the usage of piroxicam. Tell your physician for those who possess a history of kidney disease or take ACE inhibitors (for example lisinopril and enalapril) or diuretics (water pills).
Hypersensitivity reaction. An allergic reaction to piroxicam can happen. Symptoms of a hypersensitivity reaction include:
- trouble swallowing or breathing
Adverse skin reactions. Piroxicam can bring about skin responses that are dangerous. Symptoms of a skin response include:
- reddish, itchy, or scaly skin
Pregnancy. Piroxicam shouldn’t be taken in late pregnancy.
Piroxicam can cause drowsiness. Don’t drive or use heavy machinery till you realize how you changes. Tend not to take piroxicam:
- Are allergic to some of its own ingredients or to piroxicam
- Have experienced asthma, urticaria, or allergic-type reactions after taking aspirin or other NSAIDs. Serious, rarely fatal, anaphylactic-like reactions to NSAIDs have been reported in such patients.
- Being treated for peri-surgical pain in the setting of coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) operation