- 1 What are the signs and symptoms for inflammation of the heart muscle
- 2 suspected: inflammation of the heart muscle – what should you do if the appropriate signs
- 3 conclusion
The danger posed by a myocarditis, in any way, even if the infection is often uncomplicated. Unfortunately, early detection is not always easy, it is not rare for the inflammation of the heart muscle are ordinary diseases such as the common cold and to the underlying their symptoms are interpreted as complaints.
The actual myocarditis is, therefore, slightly in the causal condition, which is why in suspicion of going to the doctor is advisable. In the following guide you will find a list of common symptoms that may indicate inflammation of the heart muscle.
What are the signs and symptoms for inflammation of the heart muscle
The largest risk group of muscle inflammation in athletes belong to the Heart. The death rate in young athletes currently about five percent, and also with regard to the healing that can occur in the area of competitive sports increased complications. This is due to the fact that the heart during physical exertion is further weakened which makes it difficult to healing of the inflammation of the heart muscle. Regardless of corroborating any of the following symptoms of a suspected inflammation of the heart muscle:
Inflammation of the heart muscle and heavy sweating: acute myocarditis can cause right sweating. In particular, if the sweating is accompanied by fever and mainly occurs at night, you should be alarmed. Also inner restlessness and anxiety, in combination with strong sweating can be a sign of inflammation of the heart muscle. Symptoms should, therefore, increasingly during prolonged, infectious diseases (e.g. common cold) continued to show caution. You should urgently go to a doctor and by ECG to clarify whether or not a Myocarditis is present.
Inflammation of the heart muscle and chest pain: hand in hand the night sweat attacks at a heart muscle inflammation usually go with sudden chest pain. These solve in 30 percent of all Affected great anxiety, and should not be taken with a view to the possible use of other heart diseases too lightly. The heart is affected by an infection, the chest pain mostly pressing until pungent. A Radiating into the shoulder or in the abdominal cavity is rare, but can happen.
Heart rhythm disorders in inflammation of the heart muscle When the heart is overloaded by an inflammation of the heart muscle and there is a high level of physical Stress, the vital Organ, in principle, from the clock. To feel this is to stumble at up to 15% of all myocarditis cases in the Form of heart or General rhythm disorders. Also, a high resting heart rate (frequency higher than 100 beats per Minute) can be a sign of inflammation of the heart muscle.
Heart muscle inflammation and weakness: The heart pumps per Minute to several liters of blood through the entire body. The heart muscle is weakened, however, by an inflammation of the heart muscle, is also affected by the pumping. For this reason, heart weakness is in the majority of cases, the logical consequence. A deep, physical exhaustion due to circulatory disorders is also possible and appears mainly after major efforts, but also occasionally during periods of rest. The symptoms can also your circulation.
Weight loss with inflammation of the heart muscle Due to the inflammation of the heart muscle weakened contractile capacity of the heart to the rest of the body mixed up. The nutrients reach their destination in a worse or be taken up by an accompanying disease such as the common cold or the flu is not. The weight loss in the case of inflammation of the heart muscle is so unusually fast and intense.
Shortness of breath inflammation of the heart muscle: 60% of those Affected have a preceding respiratory illness such as the flu or the common cold. Shortness of breath is one of the most common symptoms in inflammation of the heart muscle. Even without physical activity, the Breathing of the Patient is difficult, what is similar to heart rhythm disorders and chest pain acute anxiety to long-lasting can cause anxiety.
Suspect: inflammation of the heart muscle – what should you do if the appropriate signs
- It is particularly important in cases of suspected myocarditis, and stay calm. Anxiety or psychological Stress may worsen the symptoms of inflammation of the heart muscle otherwise. You try to breathe, therefore, in spite of everything quiet and to relieve the burden on your heart by intense periods of rest.
- You will observe in the case of existing diseases, if symptoms such as shortness of breath and chest pain in combination with other symptoms. In particular, fever and cardiac arrhythmias should be taken seriously and make a visit to the doctor is mandatory. A going to the cardiologist is recommended, in this context, it can detect an inflammation of the heart muscle by means of the ECG but is best to include or exclude.
- If you are already suffering from an infectious illness such as the common cold or flu, it is important to completely cure, so that pathogens are halted as quickly as possible, before they cause greater damage to the heart. An examination by the specialist is also here necessary to be able to initiate appropriate therapy measures against existing diseases as well as inflammation of the heart muscle take.
- They support the immune system of your body such as your heart while the cure of diseases by healthy nutrition and conservation. Only if your immune system regains strength, the spread of pathogens therapeutically effective to treat. The less efforts have to cope with the heart and the circulation, the faster the inflammation of the heart muscle is over.
- In the case of many diseases, moderate exercise is recommended. In the case of an inflammation of the heart muscle is not recommended, however. Against a leisurely stroll, in consultation with the physician, may speak nothing. Endurance sports or other physical efforts, however, should be for the First set, to protect the heart and circulatory system during the treatment of myocarditis.
A coronary infection as well as other infectious diseases are pleasant in any case and ask for the body and the heart, in principle, a burden. The inflammation of the heart muscle is usually the result of a violent history Vorinfektion, which could lead to insufficient conservation, or the lack of treatment to the heart. It is therefore essential to monitor any symptoms closely and, if necessary, a specialist consult to, detect the heart rhythm disorder reliable by ECG and in the control of infectious agents may help. With appropriate treatment, however, they are usually completely healthy again.