In medicine, lymph drainage is recognized for about 40 years and is also accepted by most insurance companies. Here, lymphatic drainage is used primarily for the treatment of lymphatic edema. This swelling of the tissue caused by the emplacement of vascular fluid and can be alleviated by gentle Massage.
In General, the lymphatic drainage is suitable in first line for complaints, with swelling and congestion associated such as, for example, in the case of sprains, strains, bruising, fractures and Oedema in rheumatic diseases. Also in the case of migraine and other neuro-vegetative syndromes, the gentle Massage of the lymph nodes can ease the pain.
In any case, the lymphatic drainage may be applied, however, in acute infections, as can distribute as a result, the bacteria in the body even faster. Also in the case of acute eczema, Asthma, congestive heart failure, cancer and thrombosis, it is not recommended treatment.
Lymphatic Drainage Instructions
In General, the lymphatic drainage massage should only be performed by trained experts. Also, many cosmetologists have been trained in lymphatic drainage. The course should include a minimum of 80 hours, and not only theoretical, but also practical Knowledge. A session usually lasts between 20 and 60 minutes. Unlike the classic Massage is to be stimulated the blood flow, not pain. Basically, the lymphatic drainage massage is performed with gentle, circular movements. There are different grips and techniques, which are evenly and rhythmically executed:
- Standing circles: hands in the area of the lymph nodes flat and press it on with the palms of your hands gentle circles in Ablfussrichtung describe. The handle several times to repeat, with little pressure.
- Rotary handle: place the thumb flat and the other four fingers touch with the fingertips, the skin. Now slowly in the course of the lymphatic orbits and the orbits repeat several times.
- Adding handle: Finger-like upward, but now in the opposite direction of the lymphatics of circles.
- Ultrafiltrate extrusion handle: Finger-tight to each other presses, and the flat of the Hand on the Edema. Now about 20-30 seconds, increasing pressure in the depth of the exercise. Thus, the edema fluid can flow through the bloodstream.
- The windshield wiper handle: This technique can provide especially in the case of a fibrosis relief. To do this, the hands flat side by side and press it on the wrists as the windshield wiper to open and close.
- Faltgriff skin: this handle can help to loosen up the fibrosis. With one Hand a fold of skin lifting, then the thumb of your other Hand press. Now the thumbs down in the depth of the presses.