Neurosis of the stomach
A feature of the gastrointestinal tract is the location in it of a large number of nerve endings. Strong stress, depression, and fright through the release of stress hormones often lead to severe irritation and failure of the entire digestive system. The resulting gastroneurosis control the force of the will is impossible. Sometimes it is complemented by irritable bowel syndrome.
The disorder most often occurs in children, women under 40 years of age before important or fearful events, immediately after stress, or has a delayed effect. In the latter case, disturbing moments could occur in the past or accumulated in small portions gradually. However, at some point in time, under the influence of disturbing events, they were able to manifest themselves.
Pathology in its external manifestations does not differ from diseases caused by organic causes. However, the diagnosis does not allow to see any anatomical disorders.
Types of neurosis
Leading symptoms can distinguish several types of gastric neurosis. Pathology can manifest severe heartburn. It arises constantly. Remove medication and diet it can not.
The disorder is accompanied by aerophagia. A distinctive feature of this type of gastroneurosis is constant belching. She comes out with loud noises, a scream. Occurs due to involuntary swallowing of air. Additionally, man is plagued by flatulence.
Intestinal neurosis is manifested by stool disorders. Often accompanied by diarrhea. Without any objective reason, loose stools appear up to four times a day. It occurs mainly in the morning. On the contrary, with a decrease in acidity, constipation, poor appetite, frequent abdominal pain appear. Such a disorder manifests itself in different ways. Sometimes constipation gives way to diarrhea. In other cases, the stool is regular, but even after a bowel movement there is a feeling that there are still fecal masses in the intestine.
Gastroneurosis is also manifested by impaired appetite. In the anorexic form, a person has an aversion to all dishes, even loved ones. Prolonged neurosis of this type leads to death.
Sometimes the disorder is characterized by increased appetite. The patient is experiencing constant hunger. He eats a lot, but food masses immediately come out with vomiting. It occurs involuntarily, is not accompanied by pain and nausea.
Intestinal neurosis is more often manifested in vulnerable people, weakened by diseases, fatigue and feelings of people. However, he often attacks a completely healthy person who is used to sending his anxieties and anxiety to the depths of consciousness.
The mechanism of the onset of pathology is associated with enhanced release of cortisol and adrenaline in situations that are perceived as stressful or indeed are. Stress hormones affect the vagus nerve, under the influence of which the gastric juice is produced in small quantities or, conversely, too much. This leads to a violation of the digestion of food masses, the appearance of ulcers, stool disorder.
Causes of neurosis can be divided into several groups:
- Mental. Neurosis leads to irritability, psychological trauma, increased anxiety, internal conflicts, constant anxiety. Increases the likelihood of a violation of hyper-responsibility and constant dissatisfaction with yourself.
- Power failure. This group of causes includes frequent consumption of spicy, fatty foods, overeating, or, on the contrary, malnutrition, lack of fluid. The appearance of neurotic disorders contributes to the rare abundant food, taking too cold or hot food. In adults, it is the use of alcohol.
- Pathology of the digestive tract. Intoxication, infectious and inflammatory diseases, and endocrine diseases lead to neurosis.
- Voltage. Cause pathology constant stress, chronic fatigue, mad rhythm of life, mental and physical fatigue, lack of sleep.
Manifestations of gastric and intestinal neurosis are quite diverse. They are mainly associated with discomfort, pain in the gastrointestinal tract, its dysfunction. Appears rumbling, nausea, belching. The feeling that the stomach is full, the stomach is bursting, swelling, colitis appears, does not disappear. Often accompanied by a violation of appetite. A person constantly wants to eat or, conversely, is disgusted with food. In many cases, there is repeated diarrhea, in others the patient complains of constipation.
Another group of symptoms associated with autonomic disorders. This is tachycardia, frequent urination, headache, pressure jumps. The patient complains of sweating, cold limbs. In some cases, the temperature rises.
The third group of symptoms include signs of a psychological plan. Anxiety, irritability, bad mood, hypochondria, anxiety attract attention. A person suffers from sleep disorders, fears.
Most symptoms occur only during the day. At night they disappear.
Read also … Symptoms of thermoneurosis in adults and methods of treatment of psychological problems
The main goal of all diagnostic measures is to determine the correct diagnosis. Neurosis of the stomach, irritable bowel syndrome, it is important to differentiate from gastritis, ulcers, pancreatitis, and other pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract.
The patient is prescribed:
- Blood tests. Overall allows you to detect signs of inflammation, anemia. Biochemistry indicates a violation of metabolic processes.
- Urine test Detects metabolic disorders, inflammatory processes.
- Analysis of feces. Diagnose the presence of hidden blood, the remnants of undigested dietary fiber. Sowing to detect pathogens of intestinal infections.
- Ultrasound of the internal organs. The study allows you to see the structural features of the digestive tract, its pathology.
- Colonoscopy. Detects pathology of the large intestine.
- Rectoromanoscopy. Appointed to exclude pathologies of the sigmoid and rectum.
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy. Excludes tumor processes, allows you to see ulcers, manifestations of gastritis, tissue necrosis.
- MRI, CT. Studies are conducted to obtain a clear picture of anatomical changes.
Diagnostic measures include counseling a neurologist, a psychiatrist and a gastroenterologist.
The results of the diagnosis and symptoms of neurosis of the stomach determine the treatment, its tactics. Usually, complex therapy is carried out, based on the withdrawal of gastrosymptoms and the normalization of the psycho-emotional background. Used drugs, methods of psychotherapy, physiotherapy, folk remedies. Diet plays an important role.
To relieve spasms, stomach pain, appoint No-shpu. Espumizan, Simethicon helps with flatulence and swelling. With diarrhea – Loperamide.
When symptoms of intestinal neurosis and stomach are present, treatment includes enzymes, for example, Creon. Lactulose improves intestinal motor function.
Drug treatment includes sedatives. This is a valerian tincture, Persen. Conduct antidepressant therapy – Grandaxine. Vitamins are prescribed.
An important part of the treatment is the use of psychotherapeutic methods. They help to understand the cause of neurosis, reduce anxiety.
One of the main goals of their application is to teach a person to cope with stressful situations, to establish barriers between themselves and traumatic circumstances.
In case of neurosis of the stomach, periodic massages, Charcot douche, baths with essential oils or herbal decoction are recommended. Ultrafonoforez, electrotherapy.
Treatment with folk remedies is aimed at reducing mental stress, relieving anxiety, restoring normal sleep. It is recommended to use them as prescribed by a doctor:
- A bath of yarrow (1 tbsp. L.), Wormwood (1 tsp.), Lemon balm (1 tbsp. L.) And mint (3 tsp.) Helps to relax. The broth is boiled for half an hour, filtered and mixed with water. It is recommended to take such a bathroom every day.
- You can get the necessary vitamins, eat drinking vegetable juices or rosehip tincture.
- Tea from oregano will help to calm down. To treat depression – decoction of hypericum.
It is believed that the treatment suppresses the symptoms of gastroneurosis and effectively prevents the occurrence of the disorder and the deterioration of the patients. It is enough to follow the recommendations of a psychologist or psychotherapist. Having heard this, many patients are ready to refuse treatment.
It is worth remembering, however, that in advanced cases and when the patient does not want to be treated, to engage in prevention, neurotic manifestations increase.
The occurrence of any pain in the gastrointestinal tract is the basis for a thorough diagnosis and exclusion of organic lesions. The complex of preventive measures aimed at preventing the development of gastric neurosis includes an active lifestyle, proper nutrition, walking.
Alarming thoughts, fears, anxiety are better to try to work right away on your own or with the help of a psychologist. Do not just forget about them, you should try to understand their causes, effects and ways to make sure that they do not appear again.
Neurosis of the stomach is manifested by impaired stool, vomiting, severe belching. To determine it, diagnostic measures are required. The prognosis is favorable, but it requires remedial medicinal, psychotherapeutic measures. In some cases, it is enough to use folk remedies and diet.