What is Maxalt?
Maxalt is a migraine agent from the group of triptans. The active ingredient Rizatriptan narrows blood vessels in the brain, causing the migraine symptoms are alleviated. This migraine medicine is only suitable for adults.
What is the drug used?
Triptans such as Maxalt are prescribed for migraine. In this type of headache, the following symptoms occur:
Maxalt Over the Counter
Active ingredient: Rizatriptan
- Buy Now
- COUPON: 318758
- hammering, often one-sided headache,
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Light and sound hypersensitivity.
Sometimes a so-called Aura precedes a migraine attack, blurred vision, such as star – or Wave, or \”flashes\” in front of the eyes. It can also be affected Failure, such as a tingling in the arms or legs.
How to use Maxalt?
Maxalt is available as a tablet and orodispersible tablet. The tablet you take with water. The Orodispersible tablets are designed to dissolve on the tongue. Take one tablet as soon as you feel a headache. Maxalt only works if the migraine attack has already begun. This medication can be taken preventively.
One tablet contains 5 mg or 10 mg of Rizatriptan. The doctor knows which strength relieves your symptoms the best. If the doctor is not otherwise prescribed, the usual dosage of Maxalt:
- Adults: 1 tablet per attack. Headaches occur within 24 hours, you can take 1 tablet. The time between two intakes must be at least two hours. The maximum daily dose is 20 mg.
This drug is not suitable for children. Read the package leaflet before use.
Medications can cause side effects, although these complaints occur in every user. Among the side effects that may occur, including:
- Pain or a tingling sensation in different parts of the body. These symptoms generally go away within two hours.
- Gastrointestinal Complaints (Diarrhea, Constipation, Nausea);
- Fatigue, Drowsiness, Dizziness, Feeling Of Weakness.
On the leaflet you will find a full list of possible side effects. If these symptoms affect you considerably, please contact the doctor.
When you must not use this medicine?
Maxalt is not suitable for every patient. Do not use this medication if you:
- hypersensitive to Rizatriptan or to any of the excipients used are;
- high blood pressure is not suffering that is under control, a heart or vascular disease or other serious disease;
- a stroke or a TIA;
- certain medicines or have Recently taken (the doctor, knows what the medication is);
- younger than 18 years.
Specify in your order, what drugs you use, since it could interact with Maxalt.
Do not use Maxalt dear, if you are pregnant or in the foreseeable future, and not during lactation. The doctor may prescribe a different pain reliever that is safe for them. This medication can cause dizziness and fatigue. Not be part of the road, if you notice any of these symptoms. Alcohol can increase side effects such as dizziness, and also a new migraine trigger. Do not drink alcohol, if you have Maxalt taken.