- 1 Main ingredients
- 2 Application and effect of tea tree oil
- 3 Psychological effects of tea tree oil
- 4 Tips for the application of tea tree oil: skin and hair
- 5 Tips for the application of tea tree oil: for oral and throat care
- 6 Tips for the application of tea tree oil: wash and household
- 7 Blends with tea tree oil
The tea tree – Melaleuca alternifolia – native to Australia and the local indigenous people (Aborigines) have long been a popular home remedy. Europe became acquainted with the tea tree by captain James Cook. The first records can be found in the botanist Dr. Joseph Banks, the British circumnavigator James Cook came about 1770 to Australia. He observed how the aboriginal people used a decoction of the leaves oil of a tea tree to cure various problems of skin and wounds.
The discovery of the Blanks, however, brought it back into oblivion. In 1925, the essential Oil was distilled, and its antiseptic, proven, bactericidal and fungicidal effect scientifically. Today the tea tree oil experienced a real Renaissance, and not a few swear by its multiple effects, particularly on the Psyche.
The tea tree is part of the popular essential Oils of Cajeput and Niauli to the Myrtle family. By steam distillation of the leaves and branches to win a fresh, fragrant Oil: the tea tree oil. A ton of plant material provides two to three hours of distillation, approximately ten litres of tea tree oil. Pure tea tree oil has a clear to slightly yellow color and a fresh, spicy smell. The subjective assessment, however, is different – for sensitive nose it smells rather unpleasant. The two most important Compounds that the tea tree oil owes its healing effect, are terpinene and cineole.
Tea tree oil is in the extraction is relatively expensive, is crucial for the effectiveness of the essential Oil of good quality is, however, only the real Oil also has the desired effects. Therefore, you should only buy eco-friendly goods, other Oils, the quality is often inferior.
Application and effect of tea tree oil
Tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory and wound-healing. Tea tree oil is therefore suitable for all inflammatory skin problems, especially for pimples, acne, or warts. In addition, tea tree oil shows a strong fungal (e.g., nail fungus) killing effect. Notes are also a good effect for colds. Mouth rinses with inflammation of the gums, or a gargle for inflammation in the throat – many people have made best experiences with it.
The advantage of the application: tea tree oil is very gentle to the tissues, which is when you Apply against the pimple of advantage. In a few cases, it can lead to allergic reactions. The best one should do before applying for a Test on the skin to check whether you can tolerate the Oil. The should be avoided membranes contact with eyes and mucous membranes, as with all essential Oils.
Psychological effects of tea tree oil
Tea tree oil has a strong psychological effect, and this is very interesting. The ingredients are those of marjoram, the plants have a bright – very similar. A high percentage of “skin – and soul-comforting” alcohols helps with Anxiety and strengthens self-confidence. Monoterpenes, such as occur in Kiefernölen, support the effect. You give strength and determination, when the soul is out of whack and bring clarity to feelings and thoughts.
Tea tree oil, so a cleansing, clearing, strengthening and balancing, and helps with listlessness and exhaustion. Particularly sensitive people, Stress and anxiety, and beat quickly to the stomach, helps tea tree oil.
Tips for the application of tea tree oil: skin and hair
- Pimples: tea tree oil with a cotton swab several times to apply a day pure.
- Massage: Mix several drops of tea tree oil with pure vegetable oil (e.g. avocado oil, almond oil, wheat germ oil, or jojoba oil).
- Impure skin: 10 drops in the bath water trickling.
- Fatigue: 10 drops to the bath water add.
- Insect bites: 1-2 drops pure on the insect bite, apply.
- Cosmetics: Depending on your needs, you can add drops to tea tree oil to your cream, Lotion or a base oil.
- Scalp scaly, itchy and irritated: 5-7 drops in my Shampoo and the hair in order to wash.
- Facial cleanser – blemished skin: A few drops on a damp cotton pad and the face to DAB. The eyes keep closed.
- Feet tired, sore or smelling: A few drops between the toes of pure RUB and foot baths to take
Tips for the application of tea tree oil: for oral and throat care
- Gargle for irritation of the throat, nose cavity and of the gums: 3-5 drops in a glass of Water and mouth-shower.
- Dental stone: 1 drop to the toothpaste and brush your teeth, so the Tartar is removed.
- Caries: 1 drop of the toothpaste and the formation of caries-causing bacteria will be prevented.
Tips for the application of tea tree oil: wash and household
- Hygiene washable: approx. 20 drops in the machine and you ensure the particular Hygiene of Laundry such as diapers, underwear, etc.
- Space maintenance: 20 drops in the MOP water. Tea tree oil is the formation of mold which inhibits high-risk premises.
Peace and strength through essential Oils Aromatherapy Bach flowers
Blends with tea tree oil
Suitable Oils for Blending for skin and body care: Rose or lavender. For compounds in the fragrance lamp, in baths or in massage essential oils, Of lemon thyme, bergamot, Rose and lavender are recommended.