Water treatments it has been around for thousands of years. They were already to the Greeks as a remedy known. Also, the Romans – the numerous preserved thermal baths show this – viewed public baths as the cultural components of your daily life. They were places of relaxation and socializing in the cities. Medically, the healing power of the water in the so-called hydrotherapy (from the Greek. hydros = water). In the Form of water, ice or steam, it is used for the treatment of acute or chronic complaints, to stabilize the body functions (resilience), for the prevention, Rehabilitation and Regeneration. It is supported mainly by the temperature stimulus.
Kneipp and Kneipp showers
The most famous representatives in modern times, Sebastian Kneipp (1821-1897) is safe. He is the name giver of the water cure and the founder of the Kneipp medicine. From Kneipp you know occur, especially the water. The patients to Wade in the Stork-like steps in a pool with knee-high cold water. By the way: This Kneipp method is also suitable for the domestic bath-tub.
In the case of the well-known Kneipschen castings, a water beam is directed to a low pressure on the body or sub-regions of the patient. Both forms seem especially circulatory-stimulating and blood circulation and strengthen with regular use, the defenses of the body.
The same purpose of contrast showers, in which between the hot and cold water is alternated and the rubbings, in which the corresponding part of the body with a damp cloth will be processed.
Wraps and compresses
The winding is a simple home remedies that can often replace the family doctor or taking medication. He can wet to escape the heat (a warm towel to reduce Fever), feeding (e.g., warm compresses for the stomach cramps, neck and chest wrap respiratory diseases), cooling (e.g., cold compresses for sprains) or by a strong cold stimulus, the stimulating warming and thus stronger flow of blood.
In the Form of Sauna therapy, and steam used in various purposes. Because the “controlled sweating” is a medical all-rounder. With regular implementation, it serves as the body’s resilience against common cold diseases, it relaxes the muscles, lowers blood pressure, stimulates circulation and respiration.
In addition, it is also for the emotional well-being a great role to feel, because you can relax in the Sauna. And by the way, the sauna has also a cosmetic. Because the action of warm vapors, cleans the body and provides an effective vascular training for a rosy, fresh skin.
Very well known are also the face a steam bath under a towel, which is mainly used for rhinitis or for the care of the skin (e.g. skin blemishes).
Baths can as part – and full-baths medically, but also cosmetically be used. Depending on the desired effect you can as a cold, warm, change, warm, or the temperature rise in baths of different effects can be achieved.
- The cold arm bath, for example, is often referred to as the “Cup of coffee in the Kneippianers”, because it has an enormously stimulating and refreshing effect on the circulation.
- The removable foot bath is before going to Sleep done sleeping disorders, or to stimulate circulation in the Morning. In addition, by bath essences nourishing, stimulating or calming effects can be added.
- Steam bath for swelling of the sinuses: Boiling water in a bowl, pour 5 drops of eucalyptus oil and 2 drops of peppermint oil to add. With a towel over your head twice daily inhalation.
- Cold arm bath for circulatory stimulation: The water should have a temperature of 12-18 degrees Celsius. The arms so exchanged for a long time, until you feel clear and cool (about 1 Minute). Thereafter, the Arm will not be dried, but the water just stripped. Particularly well the bathroom looks, if it attracts then warm and moved.
Proven Home Remedies: Wraps & Compresses Aromatherapy Natural Remedies: Hydrotherapy
- Ground kelp as a Entgiftungsbad and care of the skin: 60 g of Epsom salt, 110 g of sea salt and 30g of dried seaweed to a fine powder. The powder with 125 g of sodium bicarbonate in a warm water filled bathtub. Bath Time: 20 Min.
- Energizing bath with rosemary: rosemary stimulates circulation, warms you up and helps with rheumatic complaints. 50 g of fresh or dried rosemary leaves in half a Liter of water, then the decoction into the bath water pour. Duration Of A Bath For 15 Min. Caution: Not suitable for Pregnant women!
- Apple cider vinegar restores the acid mantle: also Helps with exhaustion and nervousness. Just the warm bath water, half a Liter of Apple cider vinegar. Duration Of A Bath For 10-20 Min.