A set of exercises to improve the blood supply to the brain: the result and recommendations of specialists
- 1 Passive gymnastics
- 2 Breathing exercises
- 3 Gymnastics Bubnovsky
- 4 Exercise therapy
Complexes and complexity are selected depending on the condition and age of the patient. They are designed for both prevention and rehabilitation.
The main purpose of passive gymnastics is to restore the connection between the paralyzed muscles and the brain. The principle on which the exercises are based is that stretching the muscular-ligamentous apparatus leads to the formation of nerve impulses and stimulation of the central nervous system. The patient, who do passive gymnastics, – lying with partial paralysis. They are helped by relatives or medical personnel. Important is the pronunciation of each action to create a mental picture of the patient and restore stereotypes.
At the beginning of the rehabilitation period, the complex is repeated 3 times a day for several minutes. The movements are smooth, light. Later, the intensity of pressing and the number of repetitions per day increases. With a low tone, the exercises begin with fingers, with a high one – from large joints, gradually moving to small ones.
The patient is turned on the side, the assistant captures his shoulder and palm, makes circular movements with his hand, as if twisting the shoulder section into the joint.
The forearm is bent at an angle of 90 °, the palm is turned down. Holding the hand, the assistant gently unbends it and returns to the starting position.
If the patient can sit, he puts his hands on the table and bends and extends the affected hand with his good hand.
Place your hands on the table, cross your fingers healthy with your fingers, make rotational movements.
The patient lies on his back with his legs straight and arms extended along the body. The assistant bends and unbends legs, imitating walking. In this case, the patient himself must make a similar movement with a healthy foot. Imitation of walking is also possible when standing on a healthy side.
The patient lies on his back with his legs bent, his feet pressed against the surface. The assistant helps to raise the pelvis, hold it for 2-3 seconds and then slowly lower it.
The patient remains in the same position, the assistant reduces and spreads his knees. The legs are straightened, the affected limb is retracted to the side by 30-45 °. Lying on the healthy side, the patient bends the leg at the knee.
The complex also involves performing static exercises, the purpose of which is to hold parts of the limbs in a certain position.
Practically all patients are recommended to do breathing exercises. It is contraindicated only in complex cardiovascular diseases and in post-stroke condition.
Respiratory gymnastics helps to improve cerebral circulation, reduce vascular resistance. The basic principle is to follow the breathing process. Inhale through the nose, then take a short delay and exhale through the mouth.
In order to improve vascular blood flow and brain function, it is recommended to take a long breath and after some delay a short exhalation. A short inhale with a long exhalation will help to calm down quickly.
You can breathe and one nostril, covering the other hand. When the left is closed, the pressure will go down, the work of the heart will normalize, and the headaches will go out. Covering the right stimulates the function of the endocrine glands and improves vascular tone.
Breathing exercises are recommended to do at least 2 times a day in a relaxed atmosphere between meals.
Currently, several gymnastics complexes are known: qigong, according to the Buteyko, Strelnikova, yoga method.
A set of exercises developed by A. N. Strelnikova is aimed at normalizing blood circulation, improving heart function, and brain power.
Gymnastics for cerebral vessels includes the following tasks:
- In a sitting position, lean your palms on your knees, move slightly forward. Breathe for 10-15 seconds, making a series of 2-4 quick abrupt breaths, between which to take a ten-second break.
- Inhale quickly 8 times, imitating sniffing, wait 10 seconds and repeat 12 episodes.
- Fists placed at the waist. Inhale, lower the arms along the body, on the exhale return to the starting position.
Eastern gymnastics is based on calm and deep breathing.
- Sitting on a chair, put your legs to the sides, lean your hands on your knees, put your palms together in a fist and put them on top of each other. Head put on top. Breathe deeply in the stomach, trying not to lift the chest.
- Stand up, place your hands on your stomach. Inhaling, pull the belly forward. Exhale through the lips, while pressing on the stomach.
- Hands pull up, taking a slow breath. Tilt to the left side, press on the body on the left side when exhaling. Repeat the task with the right side.
Yogic practices that improve blood circulation, stabilize blood pressure, are an excellent way to normalize the activity of the cardiovascular and nervous system.
Yoga includes not only breathing techniques, but also static postures, which imply alternate tension and muscle relaxation. Meditation, which is an integral part of gymnastics, helps to relieve mental stress:
- Standing slowly inhale through the nose and at the same time climb on the toes. After a delay, get down on your heels and exhale. Repeat 10 times.
- Exhale sharply, stretch your arms to the sides, bend your back. Do not breathe for three seconds. On the exhale, return to the starting position.
- Take a slow and deep breath, hold your breath for up to 5 seconds, do not rush to exhale through the lips, folded tube. Exhaling up to 15 times, hold your breath for 2 seconds and continue after it. Repeat 5 episodes.
Famous doctor S. Bubnovsky developed special anti-hypertension complexes. They are aimed at:
- blood circulation improvement;
- cholesterol reduction;
- pressure stabilization;
- excretion of excess fluid;
- improving muscle tone.
When performing exercises Bubnovsky recommended to adhere to certain rules. You need to do it regularly, it is important to observe the correctness of the exercises, do them slowly and calmly. Lesson duration is 20 minutes. Every morning should take a cool, but not very cold shower. After all the tasks are done, you can drink tea with mint or water.
You can not make a complex with a pulse that exceeds the maximum allowable rate (180 minus age), severe attacks of hypertension, deterioration of the heart.
Read also … What is the prognosis for patients with impaired cerebral circulation and is it possible to cope with the disease without surgery?
Bubnovsky complex at high pressure
All tasks are performed supine, repeated five or six times:
- Relax, slowly bend the knees and bring them to the chest, palms collected into fists. After a few seconds, relax, return to the starting position.
- Inhale deeply, stretch the belly forward, retract as you exhale.
- Both hands put under the head. Inhale deeply, as you exhale, return your hands to the starting position.
- Bend the right leg at the knee and reach the clavicle with the right hand. Take a deep breath. Making the exhale return to the original position. Repeat with the left side.
- Lying on a hard surface while inhaling, strain your legs a lot, and as you exhale relax.
- Hands placed under the loin. To raise the left leg, 4 times to make a rotational movement, first in one direction, then in the other. Repeat with your right foot.
All tasks are performed 5-6 times.
Physical therapists have also developed separate complexes for training brain vessels. They are aimed at improving blood flow, increasing tone, relieving spasms, stabilizing pressure, fighting atherosclerosis.
Regardless of whether the diagnosis is “atherosclerosis” or not, exercise, provided that it is in proper nutrition, can stabilize the condition and prevent exacerbations.
Doctors recommend jogging, walking a lot, climbing stairs. At the same time, you can simultaneously raise and lower the shoulders, make rotational movements, alternately move them back and forth. Body turns while walking are also helpful for hypertensive patients.
Depending on the state, you can bend the torso from a sitting or standing position.
Specially designed complexes will help prevent imbalance:
- Standing turn your head to the left, hold it for a few seconds, return to the starting position and turn right.
- Lie on your back, stretch your legs and arms. The palms are collected into a fist, relaxed, with a brush to make rotational movements.
- Another exercise involves alternating flexion of the legs.
- Tasks can be performed with dumbbells, each repeated up to 6 times. The load and duration should be increased gradually.
Training of vessels of the head and neck
In the standing position while inhaling, press the body to the wall as much as possible and strongly tighten the neck muscles. Relax after a few seconds.
Sitting on a chair hand to his forehead. When inhaling, press firmly on the head, preventing it from leaning back. In the voltage stay 5-10 seconds. Repeat up to 7 times. So we train the muscles of the neck. A similar exercise is done when bending the head. Rotate the head 10-12 times left and right.
Lying on your back to raise your arms and legs, make the body vibrating movements.
Gymnastics for cerebral vessels may include other tasks, including somersaults, “birch”, various torso.
Regular exercises will improve well-being and prevent deterioration of health and the onset of severe crises. At the same time it is important to follow the principles of rational nutrition and medicinal purposes. It is better to select the complex taking into account the recommendations of the doctors and their condition.