Valacyclovir Tablets USP 500 mg
- 1 What Valacyclovir is?
- 2 What is Valacyclovir used for?
- 3 How is Valacyclovir used?
- 4 Dosage
- 5 Side effects
- 6 When should you not take this medication?
- 7 Pregnancy / Driving Ability / Alcohol
What Valacyclovir is?
Valacyclovir is a virus-inhibiting agent. It acts, among other things, effective in the treatment of certain forms of the herpes virus. The active ingredient Valaciclovir inhibits the growth of viruses making them die in the end. This medication requires a prescription.
What is Valacyclovir used for?
Valacyclovir is often prescribed for lips herpes, the sexually transmitted disease Genital Herpes and shingles. A cold sore (Herpes Simplex) do you suffer from the following complaints:
- A burning, itchy sensation on or around the lips. This is followed by the formation of small pain follows vesicles with crusting.
Hepres Herpes (Herpes Simplex) is a venereal disease with the following symptoms:
- Itching and/or pain in the Vagina, the labia or the Penis, followed by the formation of vesicles with crusting.
Shingles is caused due to the Herpes Zoster Virus, so the Virus of the chickenpox. This disease manifests itself in the following complaints:
- Pain and itching, usually on one side of the upper body, followed by skin redness and Blistering.
Valacyclovir fought both the Herpes Simplex Virus, as the Herpes Zoster Virus. In this way, the complaints can go by quickly.
How is Valacyclovir used?
This drug can be used for the treatment of an infection with the herpes simplex virus, or to another outbreak of the Virus to prevent. Take the tablets to a fixed time of the day with sufficient liquid. If you are taking Valacyclovir is a new outbreak to prevent, then you need to take the drug over a longer period of time. You finish the course of treatment in any case. The length of treatment usually varies from one day to ten days. If you want to prevent a recurrence of herpes outbreak, then you need to take this medication for the long term. The doctor will help you can how to take the drug.
Valacyclovir is available in different Strengths available. The doctor can inform you in this connection what you need to take as often. In the treatment of lip herpes and genital herpes Valacyclovir is dosed as follows:
- Adults and children 12 years of age: Twice daily 500 to 2000 mg for the recommended duration.
In the case of a shingles, the following Dosage information applies:
- Adults: three times a day 1000 mg over the prescribed length.
Read before taking carefully the package insert and do not deviate from the prescribed dosage.
In some cases, Valacyclovir can cause side effects, such as:
- Gastro-Intestinal Complaints (Nausea, Diarrhea, Abdominal Pain);
- Hypersensitivity of the skin from UV-radiation.
You inform your doctor if you suffer from severe side effects. You will receive the package leaflet for a final Overview of the side effects of this drug.
When should you not take this medication?
Valacyclovir is not suitable for everyone. Do not take this virus-inflammatory agents, if you:
- Are allergic to Valaciclovir or any of the other auxiliary substances react.
If you are over 65 years old, renal or hepatic disease or other illness, then you should together with your doctor, consider whether you can take Valacyclovir safe. You inform your doctor if you are taking another drug: this can generate in combination with Valtex interactions.
Pregnancy / Driving Ability / Alcohol
During pregnancy or lactation is not recommended by taking Valtex. The side effects of Valacyclovir may affect your reaction ability. You can take part, therefore, is not actively on the road, if you know the side effects. You consume while taking Valacyclovir better alcohol, because this can make the side effects worse or cause.