Metronidazole tablets (USP)
- 1 What metronidazole is and what it is used for?
- 2 What is the effect of metronidazole?
- 3 What is the advantage of metronidazole is that?
- 4 Can metronidazole be used in pregnancy?
- 5 Should be treated my Partner with metronidazole?
- 6 What are the different metronidazole formulations are for use in the home?
Generic Flagyl ER 500 mg, 400 mg, 250 mg, 200 mg medication will be shipped in anonymous discreet package without disclosing its content.
What metronidazole is and what it is used for?
Metronidazole is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections, such as bacterial vaginosis. The infection of the female vagina is characterized by a usually thin, fish of a similar-smelling vaginal discharge (Fluor) and a higher pH (above 4.5). In addition, metronidazole is used in the following diseases:
- Trichomoniasis, caused by the parasitic scourge of animal cells Trichomonas vaginalis
- Amoebic dysentery (Amoebiasis), caused by the Urtierchen Entamoeba histolytica
- Lambliasis, caused by the scourge of animal Giardia lamblia
- Anaerobic bacteria can live without oxygen
Metronidazole is also used for preventive protection against infection during surgical procedures in the female genital area and in the gastro-intestinal tract.
What is the effect of metronidazole?
Metronidazole acts vagina against certain inflammation of the female and the male urethra. In the liver, the drug is converted into so-called hydroxy-metabolites. The are especially effective substances that act against the bacteria of the infection. Metronidazole combats the infection by destroying the genes of the pathogen.
What is the advantage of metronidazole is that?
In comparison to other antibiotics, metronidazole has a minimal impact on the vaginal Flora. As a result, the natural protective function can be maintained in the sheath in an upright position. The normal flora of the vagina is influenced by different lactic acid bacteria (Lactobacillus) and is characterized by an acidic pH of about 4 to 4.5. Additionally, metronidazole is also effective in cases where other antibiotics fail.
Can metronidazole be used in pregnancy?
To date, the impact of metronidazole is not resolved to the unborn child during pregnancy. In order to exclude a risk that is not advisable, therefore, necessarily, the use during pregnancy. Only in life-threatening exception of metronidazole may be applied to cases, in consultation with a doctor of pregnant women.
Should be treated my Partner with metronidazole?
If you have an inflammation of the vagina (Vaginitis), is the probability high that your sexual partner also contributes to the pathogen. In many men the infection is asymptomatic and goes unnoticed. As a result, the pathogen is often transmitted unknowingly through sexual intercourse. To avoid cross-infection (“Ping-Pong” effect) with the pathogen, should be considered therefore, treatment of the partner in consultation with a doctor.
What are the different metronidazole formulations are for use in the home?
Since metronidazole is a generic medicine, it is offered by different manufacturers. The Following is a selection of in USA approved products:
- Clont 400 Film-Coated Tablets
- Metro cream
- Metro Galen 7.5 mg/g Gel
- Metro Lotion Emulsion
- Metronidazole – CT 400 mg tablets
- Metronidazole 400 Human Tablets
- Metronidazole 400 mg 1A Pharma tablets
- Metronidazole AL 400 tablets
- Metronidazole Aristo 400 mg tablets
- Metronidazole Hexal 400 mg tablets
- Metronidazole ratiopharm 400 tablets
- Metronidazole Stada Tablets
- Vagimid 500 Film-Coated Tablets